Premises Liability Law in Las Vegas, Nevada
For an injured person to bring a premises liability case under Nevada state law, he or she must be able to prove certain conditions:
- The injury must be the result of negligence by the property owner/manager, not the person who was injured.
- The owner/manager must know of the dangerous condition or must be in a position where he or she should have known of the hazard and failed to act. For example, if a customer at a grocery store spills water on the floor and another customer immediately slips on it, the store owner would not have had time to fix the unsafe condition. On the other hand, if a cooling unit was repeatedly leaking water onto the floor and the owner did not repair it, it is a known hazard and the store can be held accountable for slip-and-fall injuries.
The Nevada premises liability law and personal injury attorneys at Harris & Harris Lawyers have a long record of success recovering money for people who were seriously injured on dangerous properties. If you or a family member has been hurt, Contact Harris & Harris Lawyers online or call (702) 384-1414 or toll free 1800 393-2350. Your consultation is free.
We are prepared to provide powerful representation for premises liability claims such as:
- Swimming pool drownings and near drownings because of facility or security problems
- Trips, assaults or other injuries at casinos,
- Fires nightclubs, hotels or other businesses that are violating safety codes
- Physical or sexual assaults in security buildings because of negligent security, insufficient security lighting and cameras, inadequate monitoring or by security officers themselves
- Dog bites and animal attacks when animals are not secured
- Falls on poorly maintained properties
We also represent families that have lost a loved one to wrongful death due to the negligence of property owners.