When a bicyclist is hit by a car, the bicyclist is normally injured more seriously than occupants of the car. A bicycle crashing through the windshield may of course seriously injure the driver or front-seat passenger as well.
In any case, the most serious injuries that we deal with in our personal injury law practice often came about because of accidents involving bicyclists or pedestrians — individual vulnerable people without the benefit of a car or truck body to protect them.
Speak to a Las Vegas bicycle accident lawyer
If you have been injured in an bicycle accident, Harris & Harris can help you. Please email or call now 877-673-6131 for an immediate, no obligation, free home, phone, email, or office consultation with an experienced Las Vegas bicycle accident attorney.
Injuries in Car Versus Bicycle Accidents
A bicyclist is often thrown in the air upon impact — resulting in serious and catastrophic injuries such as the following:
- Spinal cord injuries, occurring when a person’s back or neck is broken — often resulting in paraplegia or quadriplegia
- Brain injuries, whether or not the bicyclist was wearing a helmet
- Back and neck injuries
- Broken bones
- Scraped skin
These injuries come about through traumatic contact with the car, the street and/or the bicycle itself.
Depending on the circumstances of the accident, sources of compensation may include the following:
- Insurance policies belonging to the driver or drivers of the vehicle(s) involved
- Underinsured/uninsured motorist coverage belonging to the person riding the bicycle
- Homeowners’ insurance or auto insurance belonging to people who live in the same household as the injured person
- Disability insurance policies (short term or long term)
Finding all of the available compensation is not as straightforward as it looks after a car versus bicycle accident. Insurance companies are notorious for failing to volunteer key information. A skilled and diligent personal injury attorney can make a great difference in the final settlement or verdict paid out to the injured person.
- Bicycle and Car Accidents
- Bicycle and Pedestrian Accidents
- Hit-and-Run Bicycle Accidents
Las Vegas Injured Bicyclist Lawyer
Did a car or truck violate your right of way in a bike lane, causing your car-bike crash? A review of the police report and testimony of eyewitnesses may bring this to light — and it may impact your claim for compensation.
Was the car versus bicycle accident caused by a hit-and-run driver? This may complicate your case, yet there still may be several sources of compensation to help.
At Harris & Harris Lawyers, we limit our caseload to those bicycle accident cases where we can make the most difference. Being selective allows us to devote personal attention to each client and give our all to achieving good outcomes.